16 Aug Another way to help your community: Follow these tips for donating to Goodwill
When you donate to Goodwill, you become a job creator — helping to fund our mission of changing lives through education, training, and employment. Each year Goodwill helps thousands of people with disabilities and other disadvantages to find meaningful work.
By following these simple guidelines for donating, you can maximize the impact of your donations to Goodwill:
- Donations should be in working order and in good, clean condition.
- Please donate only when an attendant is on duty. Operating hours vary by Donation Express Center location.
- Please remove hangers from clothing.
- Goodwill cannot accept some items, such as household chemicals and older, tube-style televisions. Lists of some other items that can and cannot be accepted can be found HERE.
- Goodwill’s donation receipt includes a 10% off coupon for Goodwill stores.
- To claim a yearly tax deduction, easily track your donations online at mygoodwilldonation.org or ask the attendant for a paper receipt each time you donate.
- When decluttering your home, consider the One-Year Rule: If you haven’t worn it, used it or played it in one year, it is probably time to donate it.
There are about 60 Donations Express Centers located throughout the 48-county territory, and most are open seven days a week. Locations, hours and much more information can be found online at www.giveit2goodwill.org.